cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments no longer a field in Business Data One-Off Purchase Upload

If you had a comments field in your one-off Purchase upload it was able to populate the Purchase Order Line Item Comments field.  This was helpful when you wanted to add a means of tracing a purchase to the specific line number in the source document. Uploading Comments no longer seems to be an option in Flexera One.  When was this removed and why?

Joseph Kaufman
(4) Replies

@JosephKaufman - I don't recall if and when the 1-Off Purchase Template contained a Comments field.

If you wish to create Purchases within ITAM that include Comments on the PO Line, then you can use the Business Importer/Adapter that is part of the Beacon.  The Comments field is available here for importing with a Purchase Order Line.

When was this functionality removed from the one-off upload?  I used to use it there.

Joseph Kaufman

It was not part of the template. But the upload used data in the field if you added it and uploaded it. I used it many times.

Joseph Kaufman
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I've looked at the built-in process for doing one-off uploads of purchase data back to around the 2014 timeframe, and can find any evidence that this upload process has ever supported importing comments on purchase order lines.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)