cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I allocate costs so only certain users can report on those costs?

I have a use case where I need different lines of business to report on just the cloud costs that are associated with that line of business. Does Optima have a way to delineate costs in that way? 

(1) Solution

Optima does this through Billing Centers. Billing Centers provides a way for users to logically group costs, using either cloud accounts or tags as the mechanism to drive those costs into the appropriate groups. The purpose of creating these Billing Centers is strictly to partition users, allowing them all the features and functionality of Optima, but only within the confines of the costs they’re responsible for.

Optima has a concept of Hierarchical Billing Centers, where there can be child Billing Centers below each top level. Again, users can be invited to any or all Billing Centers, for the purpose of siloing those users to just the costs they’re responsible for.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Optima does this through Billing Centers. Billing Centers provides a way for users to logically group costs, using either cloud accounts or tags as the mechanism to drive those costs into the appropriate groups. The purpose of creating these Billing Centers is strictly to partition users, allowing them all the features and functionality of Optima, but only within the confines of the costs they’re responsible for.

Optima has a concept of Hierarchical Billing Centers, where there can be child Billing Centers below each top level. Again, users can be invited to any or all Billing Centers, for the purpose of siloing those users to just the costs they’re responsible for.