cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I get Lightweight Kubernetes Agent installation file

We want to use Lightweight Kubernetes Agent for clusters in our system. I downloaded package from inventory setting on web interface but it is Full Kubernetes Agent, not lightweight.

Our FNMS using https and I don't know how to import certificate on a Full Kubernetes Agent. I followed the guideline of lightweight agent but it raises error "failed to rollout"  when install. 

How can I install it?

Thank you

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The answers are here are different based on whether you are using Flexera One ITAM or FlexNet Manager Suite 2021 R1.

If you are using Flexera One ITAM:

The lightweight Kubernetes agent is included in the download from the Inventory Settings page in Flexera One ITAM. See the following page for guidance on how to find the lightweight agent files in the downloaded flexera-krm-operator.tar.gz file: Downloading the Lightweight Kubernetes Agent

For information about configuring certificates with the full Kubernetes agent, see the following page: Supporting Custom Certificates for HTTPS

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises 2021 R1:

The Flexera One ITAM lightweight Kubernetes agent is not currently available for use with FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises.

The full Kubernetes agent in FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises does not currently support configuring certificates for HTTPS communications with beacons.

Both these capabilities are likely to be included in a future release of FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The answers are here are different based on whether you are using Flexera One ITAM or FlexNet Manager Suite 2021 R1.

If you are using Flexera One ITAM:

The lightweight Kubernetes agent is included in the download from the Inventory Settings page in Flexera One ITAM. See the following page for guidance on how to find the lightweight agent files in the downloaded flexera-krm-operator.tar.gz file: Downloading the Lightweight Kubernetes Agent

For information about configuring certificates with the full Kubernetes agent, see the following page: Supporting Custom Certificates for HTTPS

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises 2021 R1:

The Flexera One ITAM lightweight Kubernetes agent is not currently available for use with FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises.

The full Kubernetes agent in FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises does not currently support configuring certificates for HTTPS communications with beacons.

Both these capabilities are likely to be included in a future release of FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)