cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating FNMS on-premise to Internal cloud environment

Hi All,

I need your help in getting right directions for Migrating our FNMS on-premise into Internal cloud environment which will still be as on-premise.

I need your inputs in what all modifications does it require if we are going to change all the Host names of servers.

Ideally we cannot copy the content in old servers to the new servers as part of Migration and we need to do the installation as per my knowledge, please guide me if this is wrong.

Thanks in Advance,

Srikanth

(2) Replies

Hi,

According to my knowledge:

The biggest changes will be if your app server/s name changes and your DB Server and or DB Names.

If you configured your system with FQDN and it is not changing then everything should work once you moved.

If the Name of the devices changes you will need to do a reconfigure 'updateconfig' on all your apps and beacons.

Here are some other discussions/KB article which contain some tips to help work through this kind of change:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)