cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Team,

Can we identify the usage of o365 products like Project Online Pro. One of my customer wants to see which all users are not using it?

(5) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hello,

The out of the box O365 integration in FlexNet Manager helps you manage & optimise your O365 plans like E3, E5 etc. Have a look in Flexera Helpnet (https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/?product=FlexNet%20Manager%20Suite%20Cloud&version=Current for FlexNet Manager Cloud Edition) and the Inventory Adapters and Connectors guide here:
https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/Cloud/FNMSInvAdaptersAndConnectorsReference.pdf

The topic is covered in the chapter "Managing Microsoft Office 365 Licenses".

The Office 365 Visio or Project plans use a different interface/API by Microsoft design, I'm not sure this API is supporting usage data extraction. 

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for responding late. I am seeing the o365 data in the tool but used count is 0 for most of the licenses and usage data is blank.

How do I see the users not using Project Professional ?

Hi,

I think these Microsoft APIs don't deliver usage data for most applications. Someone correct my if I'm wrong, but MS has the focus on compliance, not usage optimization.

Therefore  you'll have to track these applications using the FNMS agent or comparable technologies. Of course, this is limited to local installations. FNMS should then be able to combine the data.

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks for your response. But what I want to see the users not using the o365 products like we can see in Microsoft O365 Portal.

I can't immediately think why usage data may be mismatched between the O365 portal and what you see in FlexNet. It may be that you are looking at particular data which isn't handled by FlexNet. If you can post some screenshots comparing what you see in both systems then that may enable somebody to comment more specifically.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)