Highlighted

Re: maintenance gap error

Jump to solution

@kclausen 

Your observation definitely sound logical, however, I have a new observation that - the same SKU was processed against another license against a different purchase order and there is no issue.

Not sure why the problem is for this parituclar license. Attached the screenshot for your quick ref.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

@rajeshponnala - For you other license where the quantity is still showing on the license (PO 945512), the Expiry Date of your purchase is in 2022.

Therefore, FlexNet Manager considers this as an active subscription license and it is still active.

For your other license, where you have a Purchase with the same SKU, the Expiry Date of your purchase is in the past, and therefore FlexNet Manager considers this as an expired subscription license and the entitlement is not active and shows as 0.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@kclausen 

I should have mentioned this earlier that - I already have processed a maintanance order as well (as per my first post in this thread) which is valid upto 2025. Attached screenshot. I have also modified the effective start date to match with PO date, but no luck

Still the same error. Now, for testing purpose I have deleted the maint. PO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Your maintenance purchases are irrelevant.  As per my prior explanation, this is a Flexera Content issue.  It thinks that your license SKU is a "subscription" license instead of a "Perpetual" license.  Since the Expiration Date of your purchase line is in the past, FlexNet says that this subscription is expired and is no longer an active entitlement.  Here is how to fix:

1) Open up the license purchase on PO Number 965715

2) Go to the License tab of this purchase

3) Select the license and remove it from the purchase.

4) Go to the General tab of your purchase.  Add an "X" to the end of your current SKU so that FlexNet does not recognized it.

5) Save your purchase

6) Go to the Unprocessed Purchases view and refresh your browser.

7) Find your Purchase line and manually link it to your License.

FlexNet Manager will now treat this purchase as a Perpetual License and once you link the Maintenance Renewal, your alert will go away.

In the interim, you should submit a Support Ticket indicating that the Flexera content library has incorrectly classified that Microsoft SKU as a subscription license, rather than a Perpetual license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution

I have had a case open with this issue since January 2019, Case 01788597. It was marked as a bug scheduled to be fixed in Q1 2020, but it hasn't been fixed yet. I just asked what the resolution date is now.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
0 Kudos