cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While running config.ps1 getting at Adoption stating File already exist

Hello,
While running config.ps1 on inventory server to update fnms to 2019R2, after entering the credentials it gets stuck at adoption stating file already exist 

please refer the screen attached 

 

Any leads would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sagar 

(1) Solution

Hi Sagar,

I agree with the 'Rising Star' MFRANZ : Looking at the PowerShell error message, you have some existing files in the C:\Temp folder that cannot be overwritten.

I would suggest to:

1. Make sure that the '\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support' folder - that is the source folder that you run the "config.ps1" PowerShell script from - as well as the 'Installers' folder that needs to exist in parallel to the '\Support' folder are NOT stored inside of the 'C:\Temp' folder. Move the 'FlexNet Manager Suite' that you downloaded from the Flexera 'Product and License Center' to a different location
  2. In case it still exists, delete the 'C:\Temp\FlexNet Manager Suite' folder with anything contained in it.
  3. Make sure that the user running the installation has full access to the local 'C:\Temp' folder

Then re-run the 'config.ps1' PowerShell configuration script.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sagar,

Have you tried removing the temporary folder, the script is trying to unpack into?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Sagar,

I agree with the 'Rising Star' MFRANZ : Looking at the PowerShell error message, you have some existing files in the C:\Temp folder that cannot be overwritten.

I would suggest to:

1. Make sure that the '\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support' folder - that is the source folder that you run the "config.ps1" PowerShell script from - as well as the 'Installers' folder that needs to exist in parallel to the '\Support' folder are NOT stored inside of the 'C:\Temp' folder. Move the 'FlexNet Manager Suite' that you downloaded from the Flexera 'Product and License Center' to a different location
  2. In case it still exists, delete the 'C:\Temp\FlexNet Manager Suite' folder with anything contained in it.
  3. Make sure that the user running the installation has full access to the local 'C:\Temp' folder

Then re-run the 'config.ps1' PowerShell configuration script.