cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have detailed instructions on how to use JAMF to install client with customized response file

This is for On-prem so defaulting to the cloud does not work.

when the pkg file expands during it's execution, it overwrites the documented response file.

For those who think just open a case, I have had a case open since 1 Sept and still playing email tag. 

Adoption is not an option. 

How does the packager need to set up the installation and configuration to make JAMF work. 

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have any knowledge of doing software deploying using JAMF, so if that is the focus of your question I can't help sorry.

But if the focus of your question is around what goes into the mgsft_rollout_response response file used when installing the FlexNet inventory agent on Unix-like operating systems (including macOS), then the following page is a good resource: Agent Third-Party Deployment: Configure the Bootstrap File for Unix.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)