cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the FNMS Ubuntu Agent?

How does one download the FNMS Agent for Ubuntu?  I noticed in the GatheringFlexNetInventory document, the documented install command is:

dpkg --install managesoft_[VERSION]_i386.deb

But a debian package is not downloadable as an agent installer package from FNMS.  Am I missing something ?

(1) Solution

The Debian Installer package can be obtained from your current FlexNet Inventory Beacon.  Navigate to the following folder, where <version> is the desired version number of the agent.

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Staging\Common\Packages\Flexera\Adoption\<version>\Rev1.0\ManageSoft for Linux (x86_64) Managed Devices\

Capture the file named managesoft_<version>_<arch>.deb

image.png

View solution in original post

(8) Replies

You can find the files on a beacon server. \ProgramData\Flexera Software\Staging\Common\Packages\Flexera\Adoption\13.0.0\Rev1.0

pick you flavor of Linux and you will find a deb file and an sh file to run the dpkg.

you can give the adoption process a chance if it is enabled. (hidden shares allowing anonymous access and remote execution make some security departments very unhappy)

Ah thanks!  Of course, the beacon!  

I was looking for it on the FNMS inventory settings download page.

In Linux environments, generally the RPM package is preferred to be used. However for situations where installing a DEB package is required or preferred (e.g. Ubuntu?), you can get the DEB installer directly from a FlexNet server (as described earlier in this thread) or by downloading the agents installers from the Flexera Product and License Center.

One limitation to be aware of is that the FlexNet inventory agents on Debian or Ubuntu Linux do not include self-update functionality in current FlexNet releases. On these platforms, you can do any of:

• Deploy new versions of FlexNet inventory agent manually
  • Use your preferred third-party deployment tool to publish updates to FlexNet inventory agents
  • Uninstall the old version(s) of FlexNet inventory agent, and once again target the devices for adoption through FlexNet Manager Suite.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

The Ubuntu/Debian packages no longer appear on the beacon or admin server. Is Ubuntu not supported for the inventory agent, if not, what options are others using to gather inventory from Ubuntu?  We are on FNMS 2020 R2.

Currently, FlexNet inventory agents on Debian or Ubuntu Linux do not include self-update functionality. On these platforms, you can do any of:
Deploy new versions of FlexNet inventory agent manually
Use your preferred third-party deployment tool to publish updates to FlexNet inventory agents
Uninstall the old version(s) of FlexNet inventory agent, and once again target the devices for adoption through FlexNet Manager Suite.

I understand it is not self updating but we cannot find the agent to install in the first place.  Can you please point me to the location to download the Ubuntu agent?

Thank you

The Debian Installer package can be obtained from your current FlexNet Inventory Beacon.  Navigate to the following folder, where <version> is the desired version number of the agent.

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Staging\Common\Packages\Flexera\Adoption\<version>\Rev1.0\ManageSoft for Linux (x86_64) Managed Devices\

Capture the file named managesoft_<version>_<arch>.deb

image.png

THAT'S IT!!!.

I was was looking for a Debian directory and not expecting it in the Linux directory.

Thank you very much for opening my eyes.