cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User account - locked

Hello everyone,

We meet sometimes an error :

- After too many tries, user account was locked, he need to wait a little time, reset it to renew the access (change password).

Someone can tell me, if after too many tries, an account is locked during x times ? 

In advance, thank you for your answer.

Best regards,

(1) Solution

Okay, I looked it up now for you:

Accounts get permanently locked after 5 attempts, an administrator has to reset the account.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi,

Can you please give us more details, what kind of FNMS implementation do you have:

On Cloud or On Premises

If you have on prem implementation then you should check with your AD team to see what is the policy for user lockout.

For on Cloud, I can't answer as I have no knowledge.

Hello,

Answering from memory, but as far as I remember you have 5 attempts on the password before the account is locked. A FlexNet Manager admin can reset the account in the user management.

Best regards
Thorsten

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
Dear Thorsten,

Thank you for your answer.

I can on my side unlock if needed the account, it's just during a little time, the user can reset him password, his account is not locked on FNMS panel, but it stay locked (i don't know the time duration exactly).

I need to know if maybe an account is locked during 5 minutes, 10 minutes for example.

Best regards,

Okay, I looked it up now for you:

Accounts get permanently locked after 5 attempts, an administrator has to reset the account.

Best regards
Thorsten

Dear Thorsten,

Okay, maybe a bug because the account is not locked but stay unavailable during a little time (maybe cookies or something ..).

Thank you a lot Thorsten.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Dear adrian_ritz1,

Thank you for your answer and your time.

My FNMS implementation is on CLOUD (SAAS).

The access is not manager by active directory actually.

Best regards,