cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 2019 R2 to 2020 R1 failing with error

Updated DBs - all ok, ran installer with no errors but get the below when running config.ps1 on Inventory server.

Unzipping signed packages from ''C:\FlexNet Manager Suite\BP\BuiltPackages.zip'...
ExecuteCustomScripts : System.Management.Automation.MethodInvocationException: Exception calling "LoadFrom" with "1"
argument(s): "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support\Ionic.Zip.dll' or one of its
dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)" ---> System.IO.FileLoadException:
Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support\Ionic.Zip.dll' or one of its dependencies.
Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was
made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous
versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load
may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources
switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity,
RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity,
RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[]
hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Type , Object )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception
exception)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.LightLambda.RunVoid1[T0](T0 arg0)
at System.Management.Automation.PSScriptCmdlet.RunClause(Action`1 clause, Object dollarUnderbar, Object
inputToProcess)
at System.Management.Automation.PSScriptCmdlet.DoEndProcessing()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.Complete()
At C:\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support\ConfigHelper.ps1:1146 char:11
+ $ret = ExecuteCustomScripts $configMode $serverStep
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ExecuteCustomScripts

(1) Solution

This is caused by a clever Windows feature which blocks executable files that have been downloaded from untrusted Internet sites from being run in certain circumstances. There are various ways to unblock such files so they can be run, but the one I find most effective to use in this context is to run something like the following PowerShell command to unblock all files in the "Support" directory before running the Config.ps1 script:

Get-ChildItem -Recurse "C:\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support" | Unblock-File

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
Also - have already tried moving the folder to shorten the path.

This is caused by a clever Windows feature which blocks executable files that have been downloaded from untrusted Internet sites from being run in certain circumstances. There are various ways to unblock such files so they can be run, but the one I find most effective to use in this context is to run something like the following PowerShell command to unblock all files in the "Support" directory before running the Config.ps1 script:

Get-ChildItem -Recurse "C:\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support" | Unblock-File

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this - ran that but still getting same error?

Cheers

@Smitty987 

If you haven't got this issue resolved I would recommend opening a support case to get further assistance in troubleshooting. And also, if please inform the community about the solution if you think its members could benefit from it.

Thanks,

Hi,

Now sorted - I removed the 2020 R1 installation, IIS and started from scratch.

All now working as expected.

Thanks

Hi @Smitty987 ,

whats the different steps you followed when you earlier tried where upgradation failed and later where it is successful?

just wanted to know what went wrong

Regards

Thanks for the solution. Hopefully there is a defect to resolve this.