cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARL Import Failed with

Hi Champs,

After FNMS Upgrade to 2023 R2, I am facing ARL update failure. I can see below error in logs:

[.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Unexpected error occured 2024-05-24 14:21:14,370 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] ManageSoft.Compliance.Security.Cryptography.CryptographyException: Cipher text "fqngZ3WkGtcR5PJdAdBbBw==" cannot be decyphered ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Bad Data. at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr) at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._DecryptData(SafeKeyHandle hKey, Byte[] data, Int32 ib, Int32 cb, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode PaddingMode, Boolean fDone) at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)

Need your input to get this solved.

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq
(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Does your application server connect to the Internet through a proxy to download ARL content?

There was a change at some point to use a more secure cryptographic algorithm for encrypting sensitive proxy data that may invalidate previous proxy configuration when an upgrade is done. That can lead to the following error you have noted:

ManageSoft.Compliance.Security.Cryptography.CryptographyException: Cipher text "...==" cannot be decyphered ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Bad Data

If you are using a proxy, please reconfigure it using a command line like the following:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\MgsImportRecognition.exe" -ps <ProxyServer>:<ProxyPort> -pu <ProxyUsername> -pp <ProxyPassword>

For reference, the following article contains some more details about configuring the system to use a proxy for downloading ARL content: Configure ARL import to use proxy server without using Internet Explorer settings.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)