cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix Device doesn't complete manual inventory scan using the ndtrack command

when we run a manual scan using ndtrack command, the system doesn complete the full scan & it is either get locked or frozen on the below task or it doesn't complete the full scan..

[Thu 31 Mar 2022 03:28:26 PM EDT (G, 0)] {14813} Obtaining semaphore lock (to ensure only one instance is running)...

This device has 6+tb of files, Is that one of the reason it doesn't complete the full scan? How can we complete the manual scan? 

(3) Replies

@80jignesh - Can you start by telling us all of the Command Line parameters that you are using when launching NDTRACK.SH?

./ndtrack -t machine -o Software=True -o Hardware=True -o LogFile=/tmp/log.txt

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If your ndtrack process does not terminate and the last line of logging you see says "Obtaining semaphore lock", that suggests there is likely another ndtrack process already running on the computer - your process is waiting for the earlier process to complete its work.

You could use a command like the following to check if there are running ndtrack processes on a Unix-like operating system:

ps -ef | grep ndtrack

(Change the ps command line options as appropriate to list all processes if your particular operating system uses different options.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)