cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select license key from list to assign to user

Hello,

When I try to assign a license key from the list of keys we have, I click on the right key and it takes me to the bottom of the list of keys. It does not associate that particular with the user. Sometimes rarely this works on first try, but I have tried saving the record (with no updates) leaving and going back in and it just doesn't seem to take.  Any ideas on how to get this work on first try?

Key was added via the 'Add/Edit License Keys" link and not via na uploaded list.

Thanks,
Erin

(1) Solution

@erstewart  - I am stumped as to why this is happening, as I cannot replicate within my own FNMS Cloud tenant.  I suggest raising a Support Case and hopefully another person in the Community will have seen this before and provide some guidance.

Kirk

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

@erstewart, I am having a hard time visualizing the issue you are trying to describe.  Would you be able to provide a screen capture?

When you import a License Key against a software license, it creates a pool of licenses.  On the Identification tab of the license, you must first enable the license to manage license keys.  On the Consumption tab of the license, you can then add the License Key column through the Column Chooser.  You can then click on the License Key drop down and select an available license key from the pool.

When you go to the IDENTIFICATION tab of this license, what are your settings for the License Keys?

Screenshot attached.

Rule: One (multi-install) key per installation

I am not able to replicate your issue.  What version of FNMS do you have?  What is the License Type of this license?

How did you add the license keys into FNMS?  Were they created manually, were they imported using a Business Adapter?

FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R2.1

License Type: Device

Keys were added manually into FNMS, one at a time.

What Security Rights does this account have where you are trying to select a License Key?  Specifically under the Licenses section?  I believe that in order to select and allocate license keys, you must have FULL access to all rights under Licenses.

Also, what Browser are you using?

Google Chrome.  Not sure where to see Security Rights and don't think that is the issue.

Sometimes I am able to select a key from the list on the first try, other times it won't take at all, I try to close down and reload the screen or log out and log back in again.

Attached a screen capture via Camtasia, not sure what all the other files are, but the mp4 should work.

@erstewart  - I am stumped as to why this is happening, as I cannot replicate within my own FNMS Cloud tenant.  I suggest raising a Support Case and hopefully another person in the Community will have seen this before and provide some guidance.

Kirk