cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoftwareTitle table in FNMS

I am wanting to utilize the data that is in the SoftwareTitle table in managing software lifecycle. 

How does this data get updated when there is information missing?

Can the data be utilized through FNMS reporting interfaces?  i want to be able to setup reporting to show how many of a title are in use and that it will be out of support on day xx/xx/xxxx.

(1) Solution

The SoftwareTitle table will contain information about any software being managed by FNMS. This would come from our ARL, as well as local applications. In this regard, this table should be updated anytime something is updated from ARL, you create a local application, or modify a local application. 

If you are talking about the standard reporting (not Analytics powered by Cognos), these details should be able to be reported on using  "Application", as well as some others, possibly "Assigned license". If you are using Analytics then I believe this data should be accessible in one of the data models. For more information on the tables and the Analytics data models, I would suggest checking out the schema reference we have:
https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNMSSchemaReference.pdf

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

The SoftwareTitle table will contain information about any software being managed by FNMS. This would come from our ARL, as well as local applications. In this regard, this table should be updated anytime something is updated from ARL, you create a local application, or modify a local application. 

If you are talking about the standard reporting (not Analytics powered by Cognos), these details should be able to be reported on using  "Application", as well as some others, possibly "Assigned license". If you are using Analytics then I believe this data should be accessible in one of the data models. For more information on the tables and the Analytics data models, I would suggest checking out the schema reference we have:
https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNMSSchemaReference.pdf

The schema will be very helpful.  The SoftwareTitle data is what I was looking for.  It just does not appear to be exposed through the standard Report Builder.  I'll give the Analytics server a try soon, but in the mean time I can get to the information using PowerBI.

thank you

I have been looking deeper into the support dates and using the data that is there.  It is awesome to use.

I have come across several titles that do not have support dates where I would have thought they would be there.  Examples are RHEL, SUSE, CENT - these do not have support dates documented.

The OS instances with dates are z/os, Windows, Solaris, and AIX.

Should I expect that the catalog would have dates for recognized OS types?