cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Access - Management View Index

Hi All -

Question on the "Management View Index" Section of the FNMS suite. 

Is there a way to give a user selective access to only one management view index? I have a view set based on a search from 'installed apps', and the idea is to give a user the ability to read-only access only one page in the management view index. We don't want them accessing any other spots in FNMS. 

Is this possible?

Thanks so much.

John

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It is not possible to restrict access to which management views so that different people see a different set of management view links.

By configuring roles with appropriate access rights it is possible to configure which data an operator has access to. For example, you could configure a role which allows read-only access to inventory device and application details so they can see installation details, but no access to other data like license information. That way if they click on a management view link to see (for example) license data they would not see anything.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)