Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory of network shares fails after policy update

oqueck
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

we want to inventory network shares for some non-Windows devices and used our mgsconfig tool to get the configuration included in the ini file. When we perform a scan everything works fine and much more information is getting collected, but after there is a policy update an important part of our configuration gets over-written and only the local drives are being inventoried again. We did the following:

1. update the ini file

[root@lnx2139 etc]# /opt/managesoft/bin/mgsconfig -i /tmp/update.ini
[root@lnx2139 etc]# cat config.ini | grep Include
IncludeNetworkDrives=True
IncludeDirectory=/
IncludeFileSystemType="ufs,zfs,lofs,nfs"

2. Scan the device and everything works fine

3. Perform a policy update

[root@lnx2139 etc]# /opt/managesoft/bin/mgspolicy -t Machine

4. Check the ini file was changed and the forward slash "/" is missing at the IncludeDirectory parameter

[root@lnx2139 etc]# cat config.ini | grep Include
IncludeNetworkDrives=True
IncludeDirectory=
IncludeFileSystemType="ufs,zfs,lofs,nfs"
[root@lnx2139 etc]#
[root@lnx2139 etc]#

5. Required information is not being collected anymore by the next inventory scan

Why does the policy update take away this information and what do we have to do to be able to collect information from network share for those devices permanently?

Thanks & best regards

Oliver

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The IncludeDirectory setting is configured through policy, so if you do make a local change as you tried here then the next policy update will override the local change as you have observed.

For devices which are configured to regularly apply policy, set the IncludeDirectory setting on the Discovery & Inventory > Settings page in the FlexNet UI:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)