Highlighted
Flexera beginner

SQLServer edition in case of installing SQLServer 32bit on windowsServer 64bit

I am new to FlexNet Manager.
I'd like to know if anyone knows about this.

I am installing SQLServer 32bit on windowsServer 64bit. In this combination, is it possible to get information about the SQLServer editions in FlexNet Manager's Get Inventory? (Product under consideration: FlexNet Manager for Datacenters)
Currently, other inventory tools are not able to provide edition information for this combination

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: SQLServer edition in case of installing SQLServer 32bit on windowsServer 64bit

Yes, if you use the FlexNet Manager Agent, it will obtain the required WMI Evidence that will enable FlexNet Manager to determine both the Version and the Edition of SQL Server that is installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SQLServer edition in case of installing SQLServer 32bit on windowsServer 64bit

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say welcome! This is a great forum to use throughout your work with FlexNet Manager:)
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Dear Mr.kclausen,
Thanks for the advice.

Am I correct in concluding that Flexera can get SQLServer edition information regardless of the BIT combination?

0 Kudos
Shining star

Hi,

Correct, the architecture shouldn't make a difference. If you're interested, this KB article has some details, where the edition information is taken from:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/SQL-Server-Edition-Information-Not-B...

Best regards,

Markward

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
0 Kudos