cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLServer edition in case of installing SQLServer 32bit on windowsServer 64bit

I am new to FlexNet Manager.
I'd like to know if anyone knows about this.

I am installing SQLServer 32bit on windowsServer 64bit. In this combination, is it possible to get information about the SQLServer editions in FlexNet Manager's Get Inventory? (Product under consideration: FlexNet Manager for Datacenters)
Currently, other inventory tools are not able to provide edition information for this combination

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

(4) Replies

Yes, if you use the FlexNet Manager Agent, it will obtain the required WMI Evidence that will enable FlexNet Manager to determine both the Version and the Edition of SQL Server that is installed.

Dear Mr.kclausen,
Thanks for the advice.

Am I correct in concluding that Flexera can get SQLServer edition information regardless of the BIT combination?

Hi,

Correct, the architecture shouldn't make a difference. If you're interested, this KB article has some details, where the edition information is taken from:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/SQL-Server-Edition-Information-Not-Being-Retrieved-by-the-FNMP/ta-p/5909

Best regards,

Markward

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say welcome! This is a great forum to use throughout your work with FlexNet Manager:)
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.