cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Authentication for FNM and Atrium Integration

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

In the adapter documentation for Atrium and FNM it specifies the need for a SQL User using SQL Authentication. Is this the only authentication method that is supported or will a domain service account and Windows authentication work as well?

(1) Solution

@dbeckner ,

From my understanding  and experience with Atrium integration, the BMC configuration supports only SQL account , it will not accepted the windows service account.

You can double check this with BMC server administrator.

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you referring to the information on the following page? Creating a View Only SQL User in FlexNet Manager Suite

I don't immediately see why Windows Authentication couldn't be used, although you would need to be conscious of what user account is used to the export process in your configuration and ensure that user is granted access.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks @ChrisG I didn't see a reason why I couldn't be used either but since it was specifically described as  SQL User for SQL Authentication I wanted to check in and get clarification.

@dbeckner ,

From my understanding  and experience with Atrium integration, the BMC configuration supports only SQL account , it will not accepted the windows service account.

You can double check this with BMC server administrator.

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

@dbeckner  You are right, the issue was the same .

BMC can not use Windows authentication to connect to SQL

to continue the above thread,

i had the issue in connecting to BMC with service account , and it got fixed by using sql one

@emtmeta Thanks! Did you have any other significant issues making this integration? This will be my first attempt at it.

@dbeckner 

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes i had experienced multiple issues, but most of them were from infrastructure side.

i still have an issue that is not exporting software/computer record to BMC, i'm currently working with flexera support to check this further.

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

Thanks for the response. if that appears to be adapter related and not environment related will you share here?