cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O365 error (require input variable 'ClientID' could not be found)

Hi Community,

I want to connect O365  to a customer and get (require input variable 'ClientID' could not be found). (screenshot attached)

The O365 administrator has configured the connector in accordance with the doc (just configured, he did not go any further and did not launch any specific task). He successfully tested (via test button) the connector. This since a session opened on his administration account.

on my side I connect to the beacon via my user, I see a new entry for the connector, but when I do [Edit], then [Test] I have an error, which strangely resembles the one I had when I selected the Microsoft O365 connector.

Both users are administrator of the server.

Regards,

(7) Replies

I forgot the screenshot.

I don't have an explanation of what might be causing this, but from the screenshot the contents of the "Microsoft 365" area in the beacon dialog looks unexpected. You should be seeing 5 text fields in this area of the window to enter the following values:

• Authorization Endpoint
  • Token Endpoint
  • Application (client) ID
  • Redirect URI
  • Refresh Token

For some reason these fields are not appearing - that will be resulting in the error you're seeing when you click the "Test Connection" button. Hopefully somebody else has an idea of  why these fields may not be appearing!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you for your answer.

There is a configfile to check on the beacon ?

Regards,

Othmane

The config file that defines the properties to display in the dialog can be found here on the beacon: C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\Microsoft 365\readerV3.config

It contains the following details to define the properties:

<Parameter Name="AuthorizationEndpoint" DisplayText="Authorization Endpoint" Type="text" IsMandatory="true" DefaultValue="https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/authorize" />

<Parameter Name="TokenEndpoint" DisplayText="Token Endpoint" Type="text" IsMandatory="true" DefaultValue="https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/token" />

<Parameter Name="ClientID" DisplayText="Application (client) ID" Type="text" IsMandatory="true" DefaultValue="5bb1a5a2-0d97-4335-9448-119f7b27aff9"/>

<Parameter Name="RedirectUrl" DisplayText="Redirect URI" Type="text" IsMandatory="true" DefaultValue="https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/nativeclient" />

<Parameter Name="RefreshToken" DisplayText="Refresh Token" Type="password" IsMandatory="true" >

However that doesn’t particularly help to explain why the properties aren’t appearing for you sorry!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you Chris for your  quick return.

Hi,

Does anyone have the answer please ?

Regards,

Othmane

@tallal85 

Is your beacon configured for English (US) locale settings?

If you haven't already you may be better off by raising a support case to get assistance in troubleshooting your issue.

Thanks,