cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metrics that are not supported

Do we have a list of metrics that are not supported by FNMS?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The range of metrics used for licensing software is virtually limitless, so listing metrics which are not directly modelled by FlexNet Manager Suite (or any other similar system) is not really a feasible exercise.

It is more feasible to list license metrics (aka "license types") that are modelled. See the following page for a summary list: License Type.

A favorite metric I like to refer to as an illustration when discussing this topic is used by PigCHAMP software. This software is licensed based on the number of reproductive sows you have in your pig farm. This is a good example of a metric that FlexNet Manager Suite will not directly import data to track consumption of. If you were seeking to model a PigCHAMP license in FlexNet Manager Suite, you would likely use a license record with a type of "Custom Metric" and use it to manually track your license consumption based on the number of reproductive sows in your farm.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The range of metrics used for licensing software is virtually limitless, so listing metrics which are not directly modelled by FlexNet Manager Suite (or any other similar system) is not really a feasible exercise.

It is more feasible to list license metrics (aka "license types") that are modelled. See the following page for a summary list: License Type.

A favorite metric I like to refer to as an illustration when discussing this topic is used by PigCHAMP software. This software is licensed based on the number of reproductive sows you have in your pig farm. This is a good example of a metric that FlexNet Manager Suite will not directly import data to track consumption of. If you were seeking to model a PigCHAMP license in FlexNet Manager Suite, you would likely use a license record with a type of "Custom Metric" and use it to manually track your license consumption based on the number of reproductive sows in your farm.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)