cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually change last inventory date

In a test environment I'm trying to manually change the last inventory date of some devices to make them appear older than they are.  I tried updating the LastSuccessfulInventoryDate and LastInventoryDate fields in the ImportedComputer_MT table, but I don't see the changes reflected in the web UI. Are there other tables I would need to make changes?

(1) Solution
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer
You want to change the dates on the ComplianceComputer record as well. Normally the dates only update when the value is more recent. As you are making the dates older, you need to update both records. If the source is the agent, you will also want to update the values in the Inventory report table in the Inventory DB as well.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@a_cutler I can't answer that for you, but what if you did a spreadsheet import of inventory devices and set the inventory date to an old value? Im not sure what your use case is but this would allow you to set the inventory date to whatever works best and avoids the date getting updated by automatic inventory connections. Would that solve your testing needs?

- Dan

tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer
You want to change the dates on the ComplianceComputer record as well. Normally the dates only update when the value is more recent. As you are making the dates older, you need to update both records. If the source is the agent, you will also want to update the values in the Inventory report table in the Inventory DB as well.

That did it! Thank you!