cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventorying Multiple M365 Tenants into Single FNMS Instance

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Has anyone setup multiple M365 connections on a single beacon? One of our customers is looking to integrate with three M365 tenants. The licenses would be created with a different tenant identifier so I am not expecting any merging issues, but wanted to know if anyone has executed this and if there are any gotchas I should take into consideration.

Thanks!

Dan

(1) Solution
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
I currently have 2 european tenants connected from one beacon and 1 21vianet (365 china) on another beacon. It will initially use your company name as a prefix when it creates the license containers.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I have not done this, but can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work or particular gotchas to consider. The details for each M365 tenant are stored with each connection that is configured.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I did this, on the same beacon I connected 2 M365 tenants, and is working fine. 

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
I currently have 2 european tenants connected from one beacon and 1 21vianet (365 china) on another beacon. It will initially use your company name as a prefix when it creates the license containers.

@mag00_75 are you saying that there was no difference in the license names that were imported from each tenant which means all consumption was merged into single licenses or for example do you see 3 separate G5 licenses with different tenant names as the prefix?

You will get separate licenses for each tenant, it will use an attribute in Azure for the prefix. To my understanding that attribute is unique at Microsoft related to TenantID.

Okay excellent. That's what I was expecting. Thank you for confirming!