cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gurus,

May I just check that Manual individual input is required for the following tasks:

1. Create an Inventory Device
  2. Link and Asset to an Inventory Device
  3. Create a License
  4. Process a payment
  5. Link an App to a License

Lots of manual input , 100s of line items..................

Thank you 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

1. Inventory device records are typically created automatically by the inventory import process. It is possible to create these records manually, but doing that would be rare.

2. When a business adapter is used to create an asset record, if the created asset has a serial number that matches an inventory device that is not already linked to an asset, then the device & asset records will be linked automatically - that doesn't not need to be done manually. If you have some other process for creating asset records then you may need to create links manually.

3. Licenses can be created manually. However in many cases licenses are created by processing purchase records based on SKUs.

4. Purchases (not payments) are typically processed manually. It is possible to also do this processing automatically, but based on experience it is normally best to do it manually to be able to check/review what is being done.

5. Application & license links are commonly created automatically based on data from the PURL library when a license is created from that library. However you can create these links manually too.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

1. Inventory device records are typically created automatically by the inventory import process. It is possible to create these records manually, but doing that would be rare.

2. When a business adapter is used to create an asset record, if the created asset has a serial number that matches an inventory device that is not already linked to an asset, then the device & asset records will be linked automatically - that doesn't not need to be done manually. If you have some other process for creating asset records then you may need to create links manually.

3. Licenses can be created manually. However in many cases licenses are created by processing purchase records based on SKUs.

4. Purchases (not payments) are typically processed manually. It is possible to also do this processing automatically, but based on experience it is normally best to do it manually to be able to check/review what is being done.

5. Application & license links are commonly created automatically based on data from the PURL library when a license is created from that library. However you can create these links manually too.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)