cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Adapter Studio Login in issue

Hi Dear Community,

I would love to know how to go about resolving the login issue that persists on the beacon server when I try to connect to the existing source connections from the inventory adapter studio.

I have screenshots attached for the errors that I get.

Thank you
Cloaky

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
To resolve the login issue shown in s1.png, you will need to have the DBA team who are managing the database you are seeking to connect to grant your use account (LOWES\xxx2) read access to the database.

The error shown in s2.png suggests that you are not running the Inventory Adapter Studio on the FlexNet Manager Suite batch server. For the action you are trying there, you need to be running the Inventory Adapter Studio on a batch server. If you are going to edit adapters, this should normally be done on a batch server in your dev or test environment - avoid doing adapter development in production!

I'm not sure about the error shown in s3.png; that may be related to the s2.png problem.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG  The snapshots were taken from the UAT environment for FNMS Cloud beacon server - I don't understand the term batch server in test environment - Can you help me understand that part please?

I will work with the DBA to get access to the DB - However, we do use a service account that is used to connect to the SCCM and ADDM integrations on the beacon application - Won't that help?

Thank you

Cloaky

Ahh, I see: if you are using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud then you cannot use the Inventory Adapter Studio to edit the SCCM adapter (or other adapters that come with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud). That capability is only available with FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises - if you had an On-premises deployment then you would have a batch server you can edit these adapters on as described in my previous post.

With FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud you can use the Inventory Adapter Studio to configure your own "object adapters" to import from custom inventory sources. But that isn't particular helpful for you here, as that is not what you're seeking to do.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG  Thank you Chris - this has been quite informative and I appreciate all your guidance in this regard!