cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing FNMS when the data base is in a different domain

Hello Community,

I have a strange installation to do, the application server needs to be installed in one domain and the SQL farm is in a different domain, the 2 domain don't have trust between them.

The DBA team created the database on a SQL farm, and created a local SQL account for authentication, but in the powerhsell script for configuration I can't find where to put or to select the authentication method, by default is taking the windows authentication, which is not working.

Do you have some idea on how to solve this issue?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Connections to the FlexNet Manager Suite compliance and inventory databases must be made using Windows authentication -SQL authentication cannot be used. So unfortunately I don't think the setup you have where there is no trust between the application server and database server can work.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Are you unable to have a domain account created in the DB domain with the correct permissions in the sql instance?  

Hello @darren_haehnel , 

No it's not possible as the domains are not trusted

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Connections to the FlexNet Manager Suite compliance and inventory databases must be made using Windows authentication -SQL authentication cannot be used. So unfortunately I don't think the setup you have where there is no trust between the application server and database server can work.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG ,

Thank you for the clarification, this was also my thinking.