cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import failed. Error: Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int. The statement has been terminated. Mapped 0 external File Evidence IDs

Hello All, 

Wondering if any one has come across this error while Inventory Import - Readers 

"Import failed. Error: Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int. The statement has been terminated. Mapped 0 external File Evidence IDs"

I found that  for File Evidence Mapping Table has ExternalFileID is set to bigint and FileEvidenceID is set to int

 

 [INFO ] Failed to execute Reader 'UpdateTempImportedFileEvidence' from file C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\managesoft\FileEvidence.xml, at step line 1
Error: Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int.
The statement has been terminated.
Mapped 0 external File Evidence IDs
[INFO ] All retries have been attempted for Reader 'UpdateTempImportedFileEvidence'
[INFO ] Completed with error in 3 minutes, 15 seconds.
 [INFO ] Released application lock Reader_8f496d87-6da2-4ce5-95e8-80d210510f56_Evidence_ALL
[ERROR] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int.
The statement has been terminated.
Mapped 0 external File Evidence IDs 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

We are on FNMS 2019 R2 on Prem

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I did some searching and couldn't find any record of this specific failure occurring elsewhere or being known. However it does look like the kind of symptom you might expect to see due to a BIGINT vs INT mismatch in data types, especially on a FlexNet Manager Suite system with a very large amount of file data being imported through inventory.

To help further diagnosis, it would be safe to try the following (i.e. you wouldn't be any worse off than you are currently): change the type of the #ManageSoftFiles.ExternalFileID column from INT to BIGINT in the appropriate CREATE TABLE statement in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\ManageSoft\FileEvidence.xml file:

 

CREATE TABLE #ManageSoftFiles
(
	TempID int,
	FileName nvarchar(256) COLLATE database_default,
	FileVersion nvarchar(100) COLLATE database_default,
	Company nvarchar(100) COLLATE database_default,
	Description nvarchar(200) COLLATE database_default,
	FileSize int,
	ExternalFileID bigint
)

 

I wouldn't be that confident that this will fully resolve the issue: it may just result in a subsequent step of the import process failing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

First of all thanks for your response on this post , I was not sure why my second comment on this post was considered as solution and it went to solved state,  if any one would look in this post :-).

And Yes, I had already tried this in the test environment and it had not broken anything (hopefully that was good sign) but since I did not have this import issue in that environment i could not confirm  if that fixes the issue. Planning to give it a try in Prod.

0 Kudos

And yes when i tried it on test i was not sure if this would help, now that you are also pointing me to this and with no issue from this in the test  environment . will try it out in Prod and see how it goes.

0 Kudos