cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Current Consumption

I've noticed for IBM "All Licenses" view the "current consumption" is showing the PEAK consumption number and I have to click into each license to view the actual current consumption.  Why did this change?  

(1) Solution

@shelby_day - This is a contractual requirement from IBM for PVU licenses.  Within each quarterly reporting period you must report the PEAK PVU sub-capacity license consumption to IBM.  So even though your "Current" license consumption is less than the current Peak, the current contractual license consumption that you would be audited against would be your PEAK number.  Therefore on your All Licenses view, the "Consumption" of the license will always show the current Peak PVY consumption.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@shelby_day - This is a contractual requirement from IBM for PVU licenses.  Within each quarterly reporting period you must report the PEAK PVU sub-capacity license consumption to IBM.  So even though your "Current" license consumption is less than the current Peak, the current contractual license consumption that you would be audited against would be your PEAK number.  Therefore on your All Licenses view, the "Consumption" of the license will always show the current Peak PVY consumption.

I understand peak consumption. I just wasn't clear on the way Flexnet was now "showing" this on the license overview page. I personally don't like it because at a glance I look and immediately think we have a problem. Now that I know the reasoning. All good! Thanks for responding to my question!