cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allocate Microsoft M365 purchases when we are connected into the M365 tenant via the Flexera adapter

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hi Guys 👋,

Hey Guys, I hope you are well.

We currently retrieve data on our M365 applications via the Flexera connector. 

How should we manage the entitlement in the tool, so for example the connector draws down our licence count for Project and Visio subscriptions. How do we add our purchase entitlement for said licences? As when I have added our purchase history this has then incorrectly increased our licence count.

Any thoughts?

Ben

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

From what I understand, FNMS does currently not cover this scenario. You can either

• ignore the procurement data and rely on the Microsoft platform data, or
  • create a custom approach, ignoring the default adapter

I am currently undecided myself, there's really no optimal choice here. Multiple customers voiced concerns regarding the existing adapter and how admin rights are used or how tokens need to be refreshed. I hope to be able to review a custom approach soon, which a colleague just mentioned to me today.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi @mfranz .

Okay understood - that was my thought that FNMS currently does not have the capability to carry out this activity. 

I'll have to ponder over some thoughts that I currently have.

Ben

Ben, are you saying that when your FNMS adapter connects to the O365 or Azure Active Users portal, it pulls all of the users who currently have a licensed assigned, PLUS it also pulls the total quantity of licesnes the O365 portal says you own to populate your total entitlements?

Hi @jq3i4h9u  👋,

So with the current connector, it pulls down purchased, consumed, allocated and used - as shown below and what I would ultimately expect.

2021-03-26_10-08-04.png

However it is typically SAM best practise to add the purchase history to the licence, which was really my question here if there was any way to do that without increasing the licence count. As if I add the purchase history to the licence then this is counted as additional licences. Which is not my end goal here.

Ben