cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet import of ServiceNow data

Hello,

I'm following the steps in the FNMS Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference.pdf (see attached) for configuring the ServiceNow and FNMS integration. 

I've successfully got the FNMS data to go into ServiceNow.

I've successfully got the ServiceNow exports to create the 2 .xml files needed by Flexera.

However, I'm struggling with the "Configure FlexNet Beacon for Import" process. On p.339 in step 6 it states: "In the interface for FlexNet Beacon, select Business Importer page fro the Connections group (in the left-hand navigation pane). 

I don't have a Connections Group in the LH menu. I only have Data collection, Discovery, and Beacon configuration. 

NOTES:

- we have a single installation of Beacon and App on the same virtual server

- I'm able to set up the Business Adapter for the ServiceNowAssets.xlm and ServiceNowContracts.xml and I can import the 2 .xml files from ServiceNow. 

I'm just confused on how to proceed.

Please advise?

(2) Solutions

@jaalstead - Since you have the Beacon installed on the Application Server, the business importer is not available within the beacon.  In this case, you would need to use the stand-alone Business Adapter Studio.

View solution in original post

Yes, setting up a scheduled task to run the import would be a good way to approach this.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@jaalstead - Since you have the Beacon installed on the Application Server, the business importer is not available within the beacon.  In this case, you would need to use the stand-alone Business Adapter Studio.

I'm assuming I then just create my own scheduled batch processes?

I've done this before with some User information. Just confirming.

Yes, setting up a scheduled task to run the import would be a good way to approach this.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)