cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FNMS 2018 R2 has any option to notify before any particular application is reaching its EOL & de-allocate licenses & take back in stock which are not in use for 90days or more?

By Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

I Have below 2 Queries:

1. I was wondering if we can enable any option (if it is available) to automate the process to show/send any notification before any particular application(s)/software is/are reaching its EOL?

2. Also, is there any option available in FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 which can deallocate licenses that are not in use for 90 days or more and take them back in stock again automatically without any manual intervention?

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

(4) Replies

Hi Sourav,

1. Current release FNMS product does not have an option for auto notifications when application is reached EOL.
  2. No option to automatically deallocate a license entitlement if not used for certain number of days. 

May be worth looking business adapter to execute SQL that can do deallocation if used date if not within the certain number of days.

Cheers

Aamer

Hi @AamerSharif ,

Many thanks for this update!

Can I please request you to elaborate your statement i.e. "May be worth looking business adapter to execute SQL that can do deallocation if used date if not within the certain number of days."

If there is any business adapter is available as built-in within FNMS or it needs to be downloaded and installed separately using manual intervention. 

If yes, what would be the steps/procedure and process to place and enable such business adapter?

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

Hi Sourav,

There are no default Business Imports. You'll have to create it specifically for your use case. The Flexera HelpNet offers documentation for Business Adapters:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/UsingFlexNetBusinessAdapters.pdf

Best regards,

Markward 

Are you sure that you only want to deallocate licenses after 90 days of not being used? In most situations, simply deallocating a device from a license record in FlexNet Manager Suite will not result in the license being available for use on another computer in the real world: while it does depend on your specific situation, in most situations you will likely need to actually uninstall the software from the device it is currently installed on in order to be able to reuse the license.

The App Portal/App Broker products from Flexera can help with initiating uninstalls (through a tool such as SCCM) of software that has not been used for a period of time. This can help with reclamation and reuse of licenses.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)