cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS on Prem upgrade Question

If we upgrade to the 2019 R2 version but instead of having the Web APP, Inventory and Batch server combined, we are going to have each on its own server, do we need to treat this as a new installation or will the upgrade document still work. 

(3) Replies
Your best option is to keep your existing combined server as the new batch server and then remove the web and inventory components before upgrading.

Then on the new servers the inventory and web components would be new install steps.

The reason is that the batch server has links to MSMQ and the database whereas the others are easier to separate.

The other consideration is with separate servers there are shared folders to setup on the batch and web servers.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Hi @mrichardson ,

Regarding the 2nd consideration for separate servers and the share folders on Batch server(Data imort) is to be shared and what is the share folder if any to be shared on the Web server?

Just trying to understand as i'm working on the same kind of scenario.

Regards,

Winvarma.

Hi @winvarma 

Apologies for the delay replying, at a high level you need to share the DataImport folder on the batch server as you've already identified as the first step; for this, I'd use a simplified share name such as \\batchservername\DataImport

Then on the other servers such as Web Server, in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\
CurrentVersion\DataImportDirectory) there is a string that refers to the local version of DataImport on that server, you need to modify that to use the batch server share e.g.  \\batchservername\DataImport and then after restarting services and IIS on that server, it should drop any requests onto the batch server folder so they can be picked up.

In the installation guide, there is a section called "Configure Network Shares for Multi-Server" which references this.

Does this help?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.