cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

I have 2 questions :

1-  Is the FNMS database encrypted? if so which protocol Flexera uses for encryption ?

2-  My client wants to duplicate the production environment to the qualification environment, except that he does not want to import user data, he just wants to duplicate all that is (all inventory, licenses, application, ....)
Do you just need to duplicate the compliance database in Microsoft SQL? or duplicate other databases?

Thank you.

Regards,

Othmane

(3) Solutions
mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

I cannot answer the first question, 

however for duplication, you will need to transfer the Dataware house DB and the inventory DB along with compliance, otherwise, there will be problems. 

This does mean that it will take the user data over, however you can create a script to sort of redact the data that is in there. 

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution

View solution in original post

@tallal85  - By default, the FNMS On-Premises databases are not encrypted.  

You have the option of using the default method of SQL Server Encryption (TDE), but our testing has shown that there is a 10-15% decrease in the performance of FlexNet Manager - both for batch processing as well as the User Interface.

While I understand the encryption question posted in this thread is about FlexNet Manager Suite on-premises, it may be helpful to note that the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud environment currently uses hardware-based encryption to keep data encrypted at rest. Flexera uses NetApp technology for this.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

(4) Replies
mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

I cannot answer the first question, 

however for duplication, you will need to transfer the Dataware house DB and the inventory DB along with compliance, otherwise, there will be problems. 

This does mean that it will take the user data over, however you can create a script to sort of redact the data that is in there. 

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution

@tallal85  - By default, the FNMS On-Premises databases are not encrypted.  

You have the option of using the default method of SQL Server Encryption (TDE), but our testing has shown that there is a 10-15% decrease in the performance of FlexNet Manager - both for batch processing as well as the User Interface.

While I understand the encryption question posted in this thread is about FlexNet Manager Suite on-premises, it may be helpful to note that the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud environment currently uses hardware-based encryption to keep data encrypted at rest. Flexera uses NetApp technology for this.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you all for your answers, yes i'm talking about Flexera on premises