cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Reporting - search by multiple values

Hi Guys,

I have a report created in cognos analytics for FNMS that allows you to search for an asset and return all of the software installed on that particular device.

Is there a way to have a report that gives this information, but uses a bulk list of assets on a .csv file or something like that, and returns the results for all of them?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

(1) Solution

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

I don't think I phrased this very well, what I wanted to do was a filter that returned multiple values rather than searched for multiple things at once. 

I figured this out in the custom filters using [Product] like 'SQL Server%'

Thanks,

Lee

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

An idea, if you are running on-prem: The csv file could be imported via business import or WebUI upload and pushed to a specific table. Your report could join to that table by default.

The report SQL code could even be moved to a stored procedure. Inside that procedure you could check if the table existed or if it contained any data. Depending on the result, the SP could return the whole result set or just a subset.

Complex, potentially prone to error and hard to maintain. But possible.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

I don't think I phrased this very well, what I wanted to do was a filter that returned multiple values rather than searched for multiple things at once. 

I figured this out in the custom filters using [Product] like 'SQL Server%'

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe it is worth noting to others, that the filter mode needs to be changed to "like", because the default "contains"-mode will not treat  % and _ as wildcards.

2020-01-31_12h43_11.png

Best regards,

Markward