cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Inventory Import issue after upgrade to 20198 R2

We upgrade FNMS to 2019 R2 last night and we ran into a couple of issues. I've resolved all but it seems on of the issues. That is the failing of the Inventory Import. 

When I try to run a full reconciliation, It's immediatley failing on the Inventory Import. The error that I'm getting states:

Import failed. Error: Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.IsVirtualMachineOfTypeLinuxKvm", or the name is ambiguous.

I have no idea where this error message is generated from, or what the Reconciliation is actually trying to do. Inventory Imports worked find before the upgrade. 

I have an open case, but trying to get a faster resolution so the system can be brought back online to it's full capacity. 

Thanks

(1) Reply

Hi Patrick,

Is look looks like either database function named dbo.IsVirtualMachineOfTypeLinuxKvm is missing or owned by  A user other than dbo.

You can check in Compliance Database using SQL Server Management Studio,  by expanding the ComplianceDatabase > Programmability > Scalar-valued Functions > dbo.IsVirtualMachineOfTypeLinuxKvm (IsVirtualMachineOfTypeLinuxKvm  should have prefix dbo mean owned by dbo)

If it does not exist, check your migration logs (looks like migration may not have gone through successfully, in this case check the database migration log) OR if IsVirtualMachineOfTypeLinuxKvm is owned by A user other than dbo, change the ownership to dbo.

Hope this will help, 

Aamer