cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Application Server behind Reverse Proxy - IIS customisation?

Our FNMS ApplicationServer is only reachable for GUI Users via Reverse Proxy (apache httpd).

Do any of you have experiences of configuring IIS (FNMS ApplicationServer) to work smoothly with thr reverse proxy?

We encounter problems when more than 1 person at a time is accessing the FNMS GUI.

I could find documentation from dcollins but that is refering to Agents and Beacon communication - which is not my problem.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-enable-Beacon-Reverse-Proxy-Setup/ta-p/152864

Any advise would be apprechiated,

thanks

Steffen

(1) Solution

Thanks Chris,

the problem is, that if more than one person in active within the FNMS Gui - there are red-error bars showing for each.

Inside the GUI-Log you can see that there are issues like:

[ERROR 2020-12-02 08:55:54,065 624927ms UnhandledErrors ] An unexpected error occurred (d741e0b8-f39a-4132-819b-7325491baebc)
System.Web.Mvc.HttpAntiForgeryException (0x80004005): The provided anti-forgery token was meant for user "Domain1\P980327554", but the current user is "Domain2\Z730075"

so users and sessions are mixed up in some kind...

We did use "Windows Authentication = Enabled".

I managed to find a work around by Disabling Windows Authentification and using Basic instead.

Now users need to provide their username and password but it looks stable now and sessions are no longer mixed up.

It looks fine for a couple of days now.

Cheers and greetings

Steffen

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't personally have experience setting up a reverse proxy, but as long as the reverse proxy arrangement is transparent to FlexNet Manager Suite then I can't think of any particular considerations you would need to make when configuring the FlexNet Manager Suite web application server.

If you have any details of the problems you are encountering that you can post here then somebody may be able to give more specific insight.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris,

the problem is, that if more than one person in active within the FNMS Gui - there are red-error bars showing for each.

Inside the GUI-Log you can see that there are issues like:

[ERROR 2020-12-02 08:55:54,065 624927ms UnhandledErrors ] An unexpected error occurred (d741e0b8-f39a-4132-819b-7325491baebc)
System.Web.Mvc.HttpAntiForgeryException (0x80004005): The provided anti-forgery token was meant for user "Domain1\P980327554", but the current user is "Domain2\Z730075"

so users and sessions are mixed up in some kind...

We did use "Windows Authentication = Enabled".

I managed to find a work around by Disabling Windows Authentification and using Basic instead.

Now users need to provide their username and password but it looks stable now and sessions are no longer mixed up.

It looks fine for a couple of days now.

Cheers and greetings

Steffen