cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS 2022 R1 - After installed FNMS, if either flexera service or admin account password expired impact any services

Dear All,

FNMS 2022 R1 - After installed FNMS, if either Flexera service or admin account password expired will impact any services.

Kindly let me know the impact.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

(9) Replies

Hi @sbathusha , 

Yes, it will impact the Flexera services configured. Typically The Service account should be set to Not Expire.

Hi lajanakiram,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Kindly don't mistaken me. I would like to clarify more on this issue and explain bit more for my understanding.

I am starting the installation wizard by Flexera admin (Ex: fnms_admin) and after successful installation.

Then I am starting the PowerShell configuration wizard by Flexera admin to configured successfully.

But everywhere I am putting Flexera service account (Ex: fnms_svc) like in the install wizard batch process windows, I have entered the Flexera service account and the configuration windows for the application server and batch processing, I have entered Flexera Service account.

Now if I am changing the password for Flexera Admin account (fnms_admin), will the Flexera services or functioning will impact anything.

Kindly advise me.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

As @lajanakiram has correctly identified, if the password on the service account expires then services and processes using that account won't run.

However if a different account is used to perform the application server software component installation and configuration and the password on that account expires, then that should not impact process that use the service account.

FWIW, information about what needs to be done when updating the service account password can be found under the heading "Password Maintenance" towards the end of the Installation Guide.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi ChrisG,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Now I have understand difference between Flexera installation and configuration user account purposes.

Could you or anybody please clear following my doubt also?

If i have created DB's and gave permission to fnms_admin users. Then while configuring FNMS app, we have provided DB details via fnms_admin account. After successful installation and configuration of FNMS admin, the fnms admin password got expire.

Will it impact the DB's connectivity and function.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

If you have configured any processes in the system to use the fnms_admin account on an ongoing basis (for example, any Windows services, IIS application pools, or scheduled tasks) then those processes would be affected if the account's password expires.

However from what you have described, it sounds like you have only used the fnms_svc account for these purposes. In that case an expiry of the fnms_admin account's password won't impact anything.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi ChrisG,

Still you are talking about Flexera Services and Function but I am talking about the database connection and function if I have created the DB and gave permission to fnms-admin. After everything finished, if the password has expired or got change password. What will be the impact.

As long as you have no on-going use of the fnms-admin account beyond using it at installation time, there should be no impact if the password on that account expires.

The fact that rights have been given to the fnms-admin account to access the database is not relevant. What would be relevant is if you have some process that attempts to access the database using that account.

Hi ChrisG,

I am unable to catch you exactly what you are saying.

FYI, I have tried both option and the first option got failed and then I have followed 2nd option. It is success.

1st Option: Created DB with FNMS-admin after the password got changed, I was getting forbidden error 403 in fnms web console.

2nd Option: Changed the DB owner to fnms-svc account and everything has started to working.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

Sine during the FNMS deployment you used only following service account fnms_svc therefore password expiry will impact only processes that used this account, however generally service accounts shouldn't have the password expiry policy.