cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated user value - data source

Hi,
I would like to ask what is the data source for Calculated User value in FNMS that refers to device's ownership?
Does it come from AD or from ndi. file?
Thank you for the response in the advance.
Karo
(2) Solutions
You are correct, the logged on user information comes in from the .NDI.

Specifically, the 'UserName' property in the Win32_ComputerSystem WMI class. Some other inventory sources are also capable of providing the 'last logged on' user information.

There is a table in the Compliance DB named ComplianceComputerUsage which records the 'tally' of last logged on users and the date they were recorded - the below query may be of some use to you, all you'd need to do is plug in the computer's hostname:

SELECT
ccu.ComplianceComputerUsageID,
ccu.ComplianceComputerID,
cc.ComputerName,
ccu.ComplianceUserID,
cu.FirstName,
cu.LastName,
cu.SAMAccountName,
ccu.DateRecorded
FROM ComplianceComputerUsage ccu
JOIN ComplianceComputer cc ON cc.ComplianceComputerID = ccu.ComplianceComputerID
JOIN ComplianceUser cu ON cu.ComplianceUserID = ccu.ComplianceUserID
WHERE ccu.ComplianceComputerID IN
(SELECT ComplianceComputerID FROM ComplianceComputer WHERE cc.ComputerName = 'ComputerNameGoesHere')
ORDER BY DateRecorded DESC

HTH,
Joseph
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

View solution in original post

Hi,

To really understand the source of the calculated user data, you can have a look at the various readers. The ManageSoft reader (FNMS Agent) does not have a step to import the calculated user:

2020-06-03_11h21_33.png

I guess that's because the agents cannot provide data for calculating a user.

SCCM, on the other hand, does store a list of logins per machine. The reader simply groups them per machine and per user and then takes the person with the most logins:

2020-06-03_11h51_17.png

There is only one step "GetLastLoggedOnUserData" inthe SCCM reader, but it does import both, LastLoggonOnUser and CalculatedUser.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
Hello @KarolinaWilk1,

The below Online Help page goes into further detail on the Calculated User field:

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/Dev-Ownership_tab.html

To summarise, it is the 'most frequent' logged on user over the previous 10 inventory collections. So you may also want to review the information for the field 'Last logged on', on the same page.

HTH,
Joseph
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your reply but I reviewed the provided article before I posted my question and the frequence of logging into device is clear for me that it is the vital for the calcualation of calculated user. However, I would like to know from which data this 10 login frequence is taken. Does FlexNet inventory agent collects this information regarding that frequence either is it taken from AD or another invnetory source?

Best regards,

Karolina

You are correct, the logged on user information comes in from the .NDI.

Specifically, the 'UserName' property in the Win32_ComputerSystem WMI class. Some other inventory sources are also capable of providing the 'last logged on' user information.

There is a table in the Compliance DB named ComplianceComputerUsage which records the 'tally' of last logged on users and the date they were recorded - the below query may be of some use to you, all you'd need to do is plug in the computer's hostname:

SELECT
ccu.ComplianceComputerUsageID,
ccu.ComplianceComputerID,
cc.ComputerName,
ccu.ComplianceUserID,
cu.FirstName,
cu.LastName,
cu.SAMAccountName,
ccu.DateRecorded
FROM ComplianceComputerUsage ccu
JOIN ComplianceComputer cc ON cc.ComplianceComputerID = ccu.ComplianceComputerID
JOIN ComplianceUser cu ON cu.ComplianceUserID = ccu.ComplianceUserID
WHERE ccu.ComplianceComputerID IN
(SELECT ComplianceComputerID FROM ComplianceComputer WHERE cc.ComputerName = 'ComputerNameGoesHere')
ORDER BY DateRecorded DESC

HTH,
Joseph

Hi,

To really understand the source of the calculated user data, you can have a look at the various readers. The ManageSoft reader (FNMS Agent) does not have a step to import the calculated user:

2020-06-03_11h21_33.png

I guess that's because the agents cannot provide data for calculating a user.

SCCM, on the other hand, does store a list of logins per machine. The reader simply groups them per machine and per user and then takes the person with the most logins:

2020-06-03_11h51_17.png

There is only one step "GetLastLoggedOnUserData" inthe SCCM reader, but it does import both, LastLoggonOnUser and CalculatedUser.

Best regards,

Markward