cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for Managing SW Add-on Modules in FNMS

Hi all,

My organization has purchased software titles and subscriptions where we purchased the primary product of a particular software and then also bought a bunch of extra add-on modules to enhance the functionality of the base product.

My question is:  does anyone have ideas or suggestions for how best to enter and manage these entitlements within FNMS?

I'm not really keen on the idea of creating a separate license for each add-on module (especially since we can't really link them together), but I also want to ensure that they're properly entered and tracked for Purchases and Licenses.

Any constructive ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

If you want a consolidated Purchase overview for each of these modules, creating licenses would be the way to go (even if you had no application counterpart).

Perhaps, if your PO item descriptions are "stable", a custom report with proper sorting might deliver the transparency, you're looking for.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi,

i would create a bundle for the software and the add on's and map it to the same license if the add on's doesn't have a separate license. Most of the software's are recognized and it will be easy to deal with them if the SKU's were available for each of the software and their add on's.

Creating a separate license or combining the application with add on and creating a single license all depends on the products and the publisher use rights. you may also create a contract for just tracking purpose.

Regards,

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

If you want a consolidated Purchase overview for each of these modules, creating licenses would be the way to go (even if you had no application counterpart).

Perhaps, if your PO item descriptions are "stable", a custom report with proper sorting might deliver the transparency, you're looking for.

Best regards,

Markward

@octprocurement  - If the "Add On" modules are installed as its own application, and can be recognized by FlexNet as a separate application, then you can create a License as a product bundle that has both the primary product and the Add-On product and consume them together with the same license.

The product I'm currently worrying about is a SaaS, without any installable desktop components - but thanks all for the input and ideas!