cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon failed to upload import file.

Need help for Beacon import issue. We are using Flexera 2019 R2 on-premise.

Beacon is not able to import files. When check in Beacon activity log it gives error.

Both Beacon Policy status is showing up-to-date. Even both Beacon test connection is succeed.

IIS Authentication :

-> Inventory-beacons - Anonymous and Windows enable

-> ManagesoftDL - Anonymous and Windows enable

-> ManagesoftRL - Anonymous and Windows enable

msutharh_0-1582108197499.png

Found error in Beacon Activity Log.

msutharh_0-1582107863187.png

Can anyone help me on this please ?

(1) Solution
The "Object reference not set to an instance of an object [...] at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Upload.UploadProcess.ProcessPackageList" error can indicate that a corrupt file has ended up in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData directory on the beacon awaiting upload. The upload process can't handle some types of corruption in these files that occur from time to time. Check for old files in this location, and delete any you find.

(Deleting old files from here generally won't be a problem: this directory contains files containing inventory data that has been gathered to be uploaded and imported into FlexNet Manager Suite. Since fresh inventory data is typically gathered on a regular basis, old files aren't important to keep.)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(8) Replies

Hi,

you need to look at the log files of the beacon, 

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging

and under 

C:\Windows\Temp\ManageSoft

the Uploader.log

I can't find any error in uploader.log file in C:\Windows\Temp\ManageSoft

But when check ComplianceUpload log in below path it gives error

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging

2020-02-19 16:10:00,875 [Upload.Program ] [INFO ] Running ComplianceUpload
2020-02-19 16:10:00,984 [Upload.UploadProcess ] [INFO ] Cleaning packages older than 14 days from uploaded folder
2020-02-19 16:10:01,500 [Upload.UploadProcess ] [INFO ] Deleted 0 obsolete package(s) from uploaded folder.
2020-02-19 16:10:01,500 [Upload.UploadProcess ] [INFO ] Scanning intermediate package folder for packages to upload...

but no error found in rest log folders.

rest logs having no errors
2020-02-19 16:10:01,500 [Upload.UploadProcess ] [INFO ] Found 1 new package(s) to upload
2020-02-19 16:10:01,562 [Upload.UploadProcess ] [ERROR] Package upload failed
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Upload.UploadProcess.ProcessPackageList(Int32 exitCode, List`1 packages)

Does this happen to all of the NDIs that are uploading or only some?

this seems like a corrupted NDI and or other log file uploading to core

I am not sure it is for all NDI files or what. But I can't see any stuck files in "G:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories" folder in App Server also in Beacon server folder.

I don't think that they are stuck, this looks like ASP.NET issue, maybe try to repair dot.net, make sure that you are running dot.net 4.7.2

The "Object reference not set to an instance of an object [...] at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Upload.UploadProcess.ProcessPackageList" error can indicate that a corrupt file has ended up in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData directory on the beacon awaiting upload. The upload process can't handle some types of corruption in these files that occur from time to time. Check for old files in this location, and delete any you find.

(Deleting old files from here generally won't be a problem: this directory contains files containing inventory data that has been gathered to be uploaded and imported into FlexNet Manager Suite. Since fresh inventory data is typically gathered on a regular basis, old files aren't important to keep.)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks @ChrisG

Beacon Upload file issue is resolved. No more error found in any logs.

Now observed that agent is unable to download Machine Policy file. It gives timeout error.

msutharh_0-1582272761439.png

The policy download problem looks to be unrelated to the topic of this thread, so I would suggest starting another thread if you would like input on that one.