cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac agents through JAMF

We have a number of Mac devices in our organization. The team uses JAMF to manage these devices.  But they informed me that that we can push only DMG file type through JAMF.  Since the agent has a configuration file as well, how do we push the agents through JAMF.  If not JAMF, what would be an appropriate way to push agents to Mac devices. 

(3) Replies

Any inputs here will be appreciated. 

Hi @flexeranoob 

The JAMF is currently not a Tier 1 adapter/connection of FNMS. We heard some customers may purchase our professional service to make this connection with FNMS. 

Let's wait and see if anyone has done the similar and would like to help in the forum.

Best Regards

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

One correction from me, The original question seems is about 'how to deploy Mac agent installer via JAMF' rather than how to connect FNMS to JAMF....

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
I think I have described it in another thread, but didn’t find the exact one.

In this thread I explain a good way to run a post-installation script with jamf. You need to do exacly the same but with a pre-installation script that generates the answering file in the right location.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/quot-Usage-agent-is-configured-not-to-run-on-this-machine-quot/m-p/124380#M3714