cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon Engine service error

Hi Forum,

We have a Beacon for EU Cloud setup. When we login into the Beacon we are getting the below popup and the services were running fine. the version of Beacon is 14.2 upgraded to day

winvarma_0-1585831569089.png

What might be the issue and couldn't find anything in the logs and anyone else facing similar issues .

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Regards 

(1) Solution

Hi @kclausen ,

Thanks for the thoughts on this and i don't find any error in the Beacon engine log related to the error pop up. Despite of any further troubleshooting luckily the issue got auto resolved and couldn't find the RCA for this though.

Thanks for all the support from the Community Members jumping in to Support/suggest /Help!!!

Stay safe

Regards 

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

This error means that the Beacon UI is not able to connect to the FlexNet Beacon Engine Windows Service.  The usual cause for this is that the service is not running.

If the service is not actively running, try to manually start the service.  If the service is running, try to restart it.

What account is the service running as?  The SYSTEM account, or a Service Account?  If a Service Account, has the password recently changed?

Hi @kclausen ,

Thanks for your quick reply on this. I have observed that the Bacon service is actually running normally and then also the pop up is getting triggered. The service is running using system account and now i have changed it to service account and will update further observations.

Regards

Hi Kirk,

Still the Beacon error is repeating even though the service is running and the system account is changed to the service account.

Any further thought on this issue. i will probably log a case but just checking if there is a solution for this.

Regards

Is the account you are using to launch the Beacon UI a Local Admin?  Have you tried to launch the beacon "As Administrator"?

Hi Kirk,

Yes, i have tried Launching the Beacon as an Administrator as well but i have faced the same issue. Even though the Beacon UI is not running getting the pop up.

Regards 

If the Beacon Service is actually running, I cannot think of anything else to try, as the error message indicates that the Beacon UI cannot connect to the service.

Is there any meaningful error message in the Log File found at:

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BeaconEngine

Hi @kclausen ,

Thanks for the thoughts on this and i don't find any error in the Beacon engine log related to the error pop up. Despite of any further troubleshooting luckily the issue got auto resolved and couldn't find the RCA for this though.

Thanks for all the support from the Community Members jumping in to Support/suggest /Help!!!

Stay safe

Regards