Highlighted
Consultant

Re: BA error: Data types ntext and ntext are incompatible in the equal to operator

Hi @winvarma ,

Try to change the column directly in xls, and put text and then try to import again, for me it looks like a conversion error. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: BA error: Data types ntext and ntext are incompatible in the equal to operator

@winvarma - It is likely that the field you are using to match on in your spreadsheet (Contract Number) is being interpreted by the Microsoft Access Engine driver as a numeric field as the first few rows of data in the spreadsheet have a numeric value.  In the FlexNet Manager schema this is a Text field.

Open up your source spreadsheet in Excel.

Highlight the entire Contract Number column.  Right-click on the column and select Format Cells.

Select Text as the category.

Save your Excel spreadsheet and try your Business Adapter again.

Highlighted
Consultant

Thank you @kclausen  that you explained this issue better then me. 

I wanted to mention the following: When you import in SQL from a xls file, by default the Microsoft driver will check 1st 10 lines and try to identify the filed type, if for example the 1st 10 lines are numbers, the type will be float or some numerical type, and if the rest oft the file have character and then numbers, the character cell will imported as blank, I found this very annoying and take some time till I figured out, because I 1st import the xls file in a staging table, run some normalization and then run the BA import.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shining star

You can usually get around this by actively casting/converting your ntext to another data type and apply your operator to this value.

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
0 Kudos