cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Connector - Azure VM data not retrieved in 2019 R1

Hi,

There's a problem with FNMS 2019 R1 reading Azure Connector data and it is uncertain if the issue is related to version differences between 2019 R1 and 2019 R2.

Setup:

- App registration in customer Azure tenant setup according to specifications and Beacon connection test shows "Success" (PowerShell, connectivity, etc. OK)

- Same connector settings scified to both prod and test

- Test setup running 2019 R2

- Production setup running 2019 R1

Results:

- Test setup populates the Cloud Service Provider Inventory & CloudServiceInstance_MT table:

AnttiMustonen_1-1584440852033.png

- Production setup fails to populate due to unknown reason:

AnttiMustonen_2-1584440963226.png

- Both have identical Warning messages in the ComplianceReader logs which do not affect the outcome

Here's another catch:

- Both Prod & Test setup are able to read VM data successfully from my Visual Studio Azure subscription 

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Can you check the mentioned tables and "ImportedCloudServiceInstance" to see if anything meaningful was imported?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi, thanks for your input @mfranz!

I re-imported from scratch and unfortunately that table is also empty in 2019 R1 prod setup.

I suspect this might something within FNMS reader in 2019 R1, but I probably need to test this on another 2019 R1 setup somewhere.

Can you help me understand what is an Azure connector?  How do we implement this Azure connector?  I have 2019 R2

Hi,

You might want to start looking into the Adapters and Connectors Reference, part V. It is quite comprehenisve. 

Best regards,

Markward