cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auditing shared vCenters

Hello Community,

We have multiple vCenters that are shared between customers, each customer is on a cluster. What I want to do, is to audit only a specific cluster and to gather this information. I'm not interested on having the vCenter, I'm interested only on the relation between VM - Vm host - cluster.

Do you have some idea on how to achieve this?

Thank you for your support and I wish you a nice day. 

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Adrian,

Just an idea, could you deploy customer-specific users and let each user only see customer-specific Clusters/Hosts/VMs?

Best regards,

Markward

I agree with Markward here.

Presumably, you're suggesting we limit the permissions of the account we're using to inventory that VCenter on the VCenter itself, so each individual account can only see the VMs/Hosts/Clusters associated with that customer? 

Sounds reasonable to me, although it's not something I've tested personally.

Best regards,
Jack

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

One approach to consider here may be to set up the inventory rule to target the individual ESX servers of interest in the cluster rather than targeting the VCenter.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

This could be a solution, but what's happening if on the same ESX are multiple cluster, and I want to audit only one cluster, and also what happening in case of commissioning new ESX servers, then I need to put in place some sort of procedure.