cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Warranty Expiry Defaults between 7 and 90 days

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Is it possible to extend the asset warranty expiry dropdown to be extended to 6 months or another timeframe? Currently I only see that it defaults to between 7 days through 90 days.

(1) Solution

@dbeckner - This is something hard-coded in the application and cannot be changed.  For now, your options are to create a Custom View/Report that lists Hardware Assets that includes the Warranty Expiration Date and soft/filter on the date - or you can export the list to Excel.

However, this is a good idea and I recommend you log this in the Ideas Portal - and also include a request to have the same change for the filter on the Lease Expiration Date for hardware assets.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@dbeckner - This is something hard-coded in the application and cannot be changed.  For now, your options are to create a Custom View/Report that lists Hardware Assets that includes the Warranty Expiration Date and soft/filter on the date - or you can export the list to Excel.

However, this is a good idea and I recommend you log this in the Ideas Portal - and also include a request to have the same change for the filter on the Lease Expiration Date for hardware assets.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you referring to this dropdown field?

image.png

The values in this dropdown list can be customized in the AssetWarrantyType database table for FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises installations. See the following documentation for related information: Customizable Drop-Down Lists.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@ChrisG @kclausen Thanks! I should know better by now to provide more context for my questions, sorry about that.

I was referring to this field as you suspected @kclausen 

Capture.PNG

 I will submit an idea in the portal for more available time frames and until then will recommend the customer uses custom reports to meet their need.

Thanks for the responses!