cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Oracle Java question - Java Platform 8

Has anyone come across this - 

I found that there is a lot of evidence whereby the Assigned application and the eventual Recognized application are different.

For example: 

1. The Assigned application is showing to Java Runtime Environment 8 Standard, but the Recognized application is  Java Platform 8 Standard.

Digging down to the Installer Evidence, it shows up as  RPM, version 1.8.0_xxx-fcs – Raw name: jre1.8

2. Another Example is the Assigned application is showing up as Java Development Kit 8 Standard , but the Recognized application is Java Platform 8 Standard.

Again, the Installer Evidence is RPM, version 1.8.0_xxx-fcs

Raw name: jre1.8, jdk1.8

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Assigned Application and Recognized Application can be different when application suite evidence is used to "roll up" one or more applications that have found to be installed into a higher level "suite" application that ultimately is what gets recognized.

For example, installations of Java Runtime Environment 8 Standard and optionally Java Development Kit 8 Standard will get rolled up to be recognized as an installation of Java Platform 8 Standard based on the following rules from the ARL:

image.png

See the following online help page for some more discussion about this: Inventory Device Properties > Evidence Tab

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Assigned Application and Recognized Application can be different when application suite evidence is used to "roll up" one or more applications that have found to be installed into a higher level "suite" application that ultimately is what gets recognized.

For example, installations of Java Runtime Environment 8 Standard and optionally Java Development Kit 8 Standard will get rolled up to be recognized as an installation of Java Platform 8 Standard based on the following rules from the ARL:

image.png

See the following online help page for some more discussion about this: Inventory Device Properties > Evidence Tab

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)