cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Flexnet Manager license consumption to Flexnet Manager itself

We are looking to add "Flexnet into Flexnet". 

Instead of having to look at the "Your FlexNet Manager Suite License", we would like to add our Flexet Manager Suite license compliance position with the Purchased amount together with the 2 metrics "active devices" and "active Servers" into Flexnet itself.  and automatically updated. 

Looks like the metrics value can be grabbed from the database with:

active devices:   SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ComplianceComputerActiveForLicenseReconcile

active Servers:   SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ComplianceServersActiveList

Has anyone done this before? 

Cheers, Sjoerd

(6) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello @sdeboer 

As on premise customer you do have the capability querying FNMS DB. I believe the following KB has the better explanation of FNMS consumption logic.  The KB a few SQL queries for your use as well. 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-Inventory-Manager-FlexNet-Manager-Suite-License-Enforcement/ta-p/5509

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kev (Big)

Thanx for the info and the link. We are also on-prem and have full access to he DBs. Counting of the active devices looks less complex then stated in the KB you mentioned.

We ran SQL Profiler when refreshing the License page,  the 2 "Counts" flew by.

These two Stored Procedures to be exact:

exec dbo.ServerGetActiveCount @ResultCount=@p1 output

and

exec dbo.ComputerGetActiveCount @ResultCount=@p1 output

cheers,

Sjoerd

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sjoerd,

I have done this for a customer some years ago, using just a simple business import, grabbing the consumption from these views.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the "purchased" side from the DB. On the other hand, if you process a purchase the "normal" way, you don't need that.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Markward,

Agree, the "purchased" total Device and Server licensed number are fixed.  

I'll have a look at building  a business import script to grab and import the two Values. will get back to you.

greetz, Sjoerd

One more thing: I did implement this using "Custom Metric" licenses, but I could also see a "Node Locked" license working. Then you  could not only report on entitlements used but name specific consuming devices.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For reference, the following thread also discusses getting information about FlexNet Manager Suite licenses: Get FlexNet Manager license count.

(With that said, this other thread doesn't add a whole lot to what is already discussed in this thread.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)