cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Software as an inventory source?

Hi - pretty basic question here, but I'm not finding any reference with search of bundled documentation or online content.  Can data collected by Absolute Software deployments in our environment be captured and integrated with FNMS as an inventory source? 

We are having issues and concerns with deployment of macOS agents to a targeted group of systems.  While we are aware the issues would be lessened with a version upgrade from 2019 R1, such an upgrade is not currently under consideration in my account.

For these systems, Absolute is already in place.  I see no reference to any adapters or integrations with Absolute.  Is my search-fu failing and I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks,

David Mathias

NTT DATA Services

(1) Solution

@dmathias - There are no productized adapters to import inventory from Absolute into FNMS.  You would need to research the raw data available in Absolute to see if it is sufficient for FNMS to use and then create some type of custom adapter to bring the inventory in.

Perhaps there are some Community Members out there with some experience in using Absolute as a data source.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@dmathias - There are no productized adapters to import inventory from Absolute into FNMS.  You would need to research the raw data available in Absolute to see if it is sufficient for FNMS to use and then create some type of custom adapter to bring the inventory in.

Perhaps there are some Community Members out there with some experience in using Absolute as a data source.

Thanks, @kclausen. I'm glad to know I didn't miss anything obvious.  I'll sit back and see if the Community has any input.